Perfectil (vitamins)
Go to page       >>  
Moderators: admin
Author Post
nrs35
Sun Feb 19 2012, 10:21AM
Registered Member #9055
Hi folks,

I'm on my second attempt & managing fine. I feel good & my clothes are getting looser!

I'm taking perfectil this time as last time my hair thinned out quite a bit & I thought this would help. My hair looks & feels fine. I just wondered if anyone has any thoughts? My loss is slower than last time, but then I am older so kind of expected this. I do wonder if it might be anything to do with the perfectil?

Any thoughts or advice would be really appreciated!

x

sammyfa
Sun Feb 19 2012, 11:16AM
Registered Member #7150
Hiya x

I'm on my second attempt - lost 10 stone in 09/10 - then managed to maintain within about a stone - then was I'll for six months and resulted in gall bladder removal - but let things slide badly and back to loose about 3 stone 5 pounds - already lost just over a stone in 2 weeks - but this week no loss as yet - now to get to my point !! Lol !! I too had terrible thinning of my hair on the diet and I have started to take extra hair skin and nail vitamins and a multi vitamin - just because my iron count was a bit low after surgery - and I have also just started the 'mini pill' which I have never taken before - and I have not noticed a decline in loss the firstv2 weeks - but as I said this week is nothing so far - so I'm trying not to get hung up on it and look at the losses after a month - and to keep going x
so i really don't think the vitamins have an effect - but that is only my experience x
So good luck and welcome back x it's tough but we can do it - we did it before x x
Sammy x
lyndylou
Sun Feb 19 2012, 03:47PM

Registered Member #6854
I`ve always taken the perfectil weigh losses were different each time so just work with it and drink plenty. That might be where you are going wrong x

Image: http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wpNJuT9/weight.png

Lilian
Sun Feb 19 2012, 10:30PM
Registered Member #8791
Looking at the ingredients in Perfectil they look the same as what are in the LL packs. So as I am on LL total do you think I could do with taking them, as if one pill is a days supply, would I not be taking too much, as some vitamins (like vitamin A are not good to take too much of).

However my nails were bad to begin with and they are awful now, and a lot of hair seems to be coming out in my comb.

The only thing standing between you and your goal is the bullsh!t story you keep telling yourself as to why you can't achieve it.
lyndylou
Sun Feb 19 2012, 11:11PM

Registered Member #6854
Perfectil can`t do any damage

Image: http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wpNJuT9/weight.png

nrs35
Sun Feb 19 2012, 11:14PM
Registered Member #9055
Thanks folks!

I'm going back to group a week tomorrow so will ask what my new counsellor thinks. I'm drinking plenty - 4L per day + stock & coffee etc so doubt it's that. Have lost 32lbs in just less than 6 weeks so I guess that's ok, but still a long way to go!!

Hope you're all doing fine

Dawn xx

Lilian
Sun Feb 19 2012, 11:56PM
Registered Member #8791
nrs35 I do not think it will affect your weight loss, but I am concerned that what with the vitamin A in the packs (which are a day's allowance) plus the vitamin A in the Perfectil which could also be a day's allowance, taken every day might do some damage.

It would be interesting to hear what your counsellor says but mine keeps saying that she is not medically trained although she will ask the LL doctors.

However if we are taking all those vitamins already (in the packs) and they are supposed to help with hair and nails why would taking more of them make any difference?

The only thing standing between you and your goal is the bullsh!t story you keep telling yourself as to why you can't achieve it.
Orange
Mon Feb 20 2012, 12:47PM

Registered Member #3491
I've also started taking Perfectil this time around. I lost a lot of hair the last two times and this is attempt to try to do something about it. I used to think that there is stuff in Perfectil that we don't get through the packs, but having looked again, I was wrong. It actually is pretty much the same...except for Vitamin A, which I don't see listed on the Perfectil package. I've now bought Perfectil plus skin, which does have the addition of Omega 3 and 6 fatty acids.

The question of whether one can get too much of any one vitamin or mineral is an interesting one. After all, I don't want to poison myself. I haven't heard of any adverse effects on this or other forums though. Anyways, I'd be interested to hear about it if anyone finds out anything interesting.

For the moment I can say that my hair and nails do feel pretty good though. The hair is fuller, which might be due to the fact that not much is being pushed out at the moment though. I guess that will change. I think I would be happy already if I just don't shed as much as the last times. I hate it when my scalp can be seen in the front....*whinge whinge*

xxx,
O

Refreshers Week 1

Image: http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wA0w7w0/weight.png
chiantina
Mon Feb 20 2012, 09:25PM

Registered Member #5535
Too much vitamin A can be bad for you - I think it's the liver or kidneys it can affect but I am not sure how much is too much!!

Started: March 2009
Starting Weight: 18 stones 7 lbs
Target: 12 stones 7 lbs
Height: 6 feet 1 inch
Hit Target: July 2009
Dress size at start: Size 20

Dress size now:
Current weight:

A star for every stone lost:
pinkandfluffy
Mon Feb 20 2012, 10:14PM

Registered Member #81
I thought you only lost hair as your body adjusts and grows new hair???...
I was told, and it may be wrong, that when you start in the diet your body trys to preserve itself by stopping growing the same amount of hair and nails, and then as your body adjusts it grows new hairs but in order to do that your old ones which stopped growing need to come out, so effectively you lose a hair and then shortly after notice baby hairs. ?? someone might know if that's right>!xx

Weight lost at end of Foundation - 3 1/2 stone
Weight lost by end of development - 4 1/2 stone

Weight to lose at a later date 4 stone.
SCRAP THAT... i'm back, February 2012, 2 babies since last time and must lose 4st to start and ideally 8stone total - not sure I'll go that far.

Image: http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wu2hySW/weight.png

Go to page       >>   

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF